Manage and develop highly complex technical BI solutions in an Enterprise Data Warehouse (DW) Oracle RDBMS environment running on a UNIX platform. Skillsets include: ETL including extensive focus on the design and development of ETL processes, DW application development using Java, SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, webservices. Unix shell scripting. Primary tools/utilities: PL/SQL Developer, PL/SQL, Toad, SQL Navigator, Vi Editor, SQL*Loader. PVCS/CVS source control. Designs secure BI solutions, applications and websites using industry security standards and best practices to prevent common security issues such as denial of service attacks, cross-site scripting, and SQL injections. Uses advanced functions/frameworks for URL access restrictions, detecting unauthorized file system modifications, usage of HTTPS/SSL and secure cookies/secure sessions, input/output data validation and sanitation, etc. Develops seamless reporting and analysis tool integration with enterprise DW and relational databases (Oracle, MS-SQL Server) on various distributed Unix environments. Uses server and client based report writer platforms in addition to web server, app server, and middleware technologies such as web servlet containers and web services.
- 5+ years’ experience using server and middleware technologies, relational databases, Unix Shell Scripting preferred
- 3+ years Oracle SQL application development in a data warehousing, business intelligence environment strongly preferred
- 2+ years using advanced ETL techniques strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related major preferred
- Proficient with application development technical standards and design frameworks (e.g. MVC).
- Strong organizational, communication, and relationship skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment